Sunday, October 7, 2007

Spread of Chinese culture

I feel that food is a good example of globalization is the spread of food. I feel that the spread of Chinese food around the world is a good example of globalization. Chinese food has become very popular around the world including in different parts of South and West Asia. However, this food is different in different countries. For example, the Chinese food in the United States is more sweet- orange chicken and Sweet and sour chicken. On the other hand, Chinese food in South Asia has many local spices to many it more flavourful and spicy. As people have accepted Chinese food, this Chinese culture has changed as it has crossed boundaries. I think it is very interesting how Chinese food has adapted to different tastes in different countries.

2 comments:

Hoss Watashi said...

I love the global acceptance and popularity of Chinese food...consistently it is my favorite thing to have when I go out to eat or I just wanna take something home.

My fiance is half Korean, with her mother being from there, and I have to say, I do not care as much for Korean food...but eating it has made me appreciate traditional preparations of Asian food. When you have Chinese from a place that prepares it more 'traditionally,' it's far better. Like you said, everything is spicier, and more seasoned.

AlFire101 said...

I love Chinese food and I think I will have Chinese food this weekend. I do think that the global acceptance of food is important as well.